Wednesday, August 25, 2010

We get to choose our attitude

Has your life ever been in the midst of chaos? I know, I know…. I just heard a huge, resounding “Duh, Chris!” Of course, we’ve all experienced times of chaos in our lives. But what I want to talk about to you today is your attitude in the midst of the chaos.

Now, I think I might have heard a slight groan? Don’t worry, I’m not here to “scold.” Instead, my purpose is to just remind you of what it can be, or to shift a paradigm here. Into all our lives will fall times of challenges or chaos. I am of the belief that they help us forge our character, smooth the rough spots (as I wrote about in The Angel Inside) and prepare us for future challenges or equip us to help others going through similar experiences. All good, right?

Right, until we hit that brick wall that feels 20-feet thick and all of our resolve and vision crumbles and feels like 500-year-old mortar that has been ground to dust and carried away by the wind. Well, for you fans of the Disney movie Finding Nemo, it’s just like what Dory sings/says: “Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.” And not only that, but she’s happy as she goes about her business. Now, don’t read too much into my choice and say something like, “C’mon Chris, that’s just because she’s oblivious to what’s really going on around her and the seriousness of the situation.”

My point is this: We GET to CHOOSE our attitude…. Yes, we can be absolutely miserable in whatever situation we find ourselves in OR we can choose to find the nuggets, the good things even among the challenges. Sometimes you’re going to have to look really hard, but I truly believe there is always something of value that can be found in whatever our situations are.

It’s like Jim Rohn said, “You can use circumstances as a crutch or a school that will either cripple you or teach you for YOUR future.”

You Are Made for Success!



Chris Widener
 
Live The Life You've Dreamed,
Derrick
___________________________________________________________
Affiliate Disclosure: We are grateful to be of service and bring you content, like this blog, free of charge. In order to do this, please note that whenever you click the links in our emails and purchase items, in most (not all) cases we will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables us to empower more people worldwide to live lives of their own design. Thank you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment