Thursday, June 24, 2010

It’s the moment that counts

It’s the moment that counts

Mamacita is usually affectionate with me however, today she wanted to let me know how displeased she is with my recent travel schedule. It appears she & I haven’t been having enough “us” time. As I was about to start writing, “mama” happened in from the bedroom, she leapt up on my lap and starting kneading skin through my mesh basketball shorts.


I extracted her claws from my thigh & put her down on the floor, she turned around immediately, jumped back in my lap & repositioned herself-this dance went on for 4 minutes, now we go through this routine from time to time, and generally I just scratch her behind her ears for a few seconds and she’s good to go. Not today…


I gave her the obligatory head & ear scratch, put her down once again & was meant with huge leap from the floor straight onto my chest, the force & surprise caused me to fall back into the couch. There’s my 7 lb jet black cat standing on my chest steering me down with a “don’t try that again buster” look in her eye. Needless to say I got the point.


All she wanted was a little time and attention-not being content for me to finish what I thought was more important, this little feline play fiend of mine brought my world to a halt for 5 minutes to remind me, that everything I do, everyplace I go means nothing if I don’t give my time, love, devotion, all equaling my attention, to the people & pets with whom I am blessed to share my space.
I’m thinking I’m home so how could she not be getting the time. But being present in the moment is not the same as being in the house.
Her mission complete, she leapt to the ground and sauntered away, as she looked back I could swear she winked & flashed the slightest smile. Thanks “Mama.”


Live The Life You've Dreamed,
Derrick
 ___________________________________________________________
Affiliate Disclosure: We are grateful to be of service and bring you content, like this blog, free of charge. In order to do this, please note that whenever you click the links in our emails and purchase items, in most (not all) cases we will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables us to empower more people worldwide to live lives of their own design. Thank you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment